- Closed Positions
- Kenai, AK, USA
- Full Time
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE
TYPE OF POSITION: Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Financial Services
SUPERVISES: Healthcare Billing Staff
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Native preference under P.L. 93-638
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE'S PURPOSE, VALUES & VISION
To assure Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina thrive forever.
Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina Values
These are the beliefs and principles that define our people and will assure our future as tribe:
• Family: honoring and sustaining health and happiness of family as a first responsibility
• Stewardship: respectful use of land, resources and all creations
• Spiritual Beliefs: acknowledging the existence of a higher power and respecting spiritual beliefs
• Education: passing down cultural knowledge and traditions and supporting formal education
By 2025, the Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina have enhanced & strengthened the prosperity, health, and culture of their people & Tribe by:
• Working towards united effort with Native organizations & other governments that impact our people
• Developing & implementing a Tribal education system
• Living our traditional values & practices
• Empower our sovereignty
• Continuing to demonstrate resiliency
• Striving for excellence in all of our programs
• Elevating the wellness of our people
• Using our talents & resources to ensure we are able to take care of ourselves & share with others
The position is responsible for optimizing performance of the healthcare revenue cycle process. This position is also responsible for direct supervision of healthcare billing staff.
QUALIFICATIONS (Consideration may be given for equivalent knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience)
• Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration or related field.
• Three years experience in healthcare revenue cycle management or similar position
• Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and third party payer regulations and how to work within their guidelines.
• Thorough understanding of the healthcare revenue cycle process, including staff roles and responsibilities, work requirements, and best practices.
• Proficiency in the use of computers, office productivity software, and health practice management applications
• Personable, friendly, confident, analytical, a team player
• Ensures continuous collaboration and coordination of duties between the front- end (scheduling, registration, insurance verification, time of service collections, charge capture, medical records) and back- end (billing, posting, accounts follow up, reporting, compliance) functions of the revenue cycle process.
• Communicates performance measures and expectations to employees under the direct supervision, provides them with ongoing feedback and support, and ensures they have proper training and tools to perform their work duties effectively and efficiently.
• Recommends updates to revenue cycle policies and procedures based on changes in the reimbursement environment, regulations, and best practices.
• Tracks, analyses, and reports healthcare revenue cycle performance results
• Oversees and monitors compliance with healthcare billing and coding regulations; Organizes periodic internal audits of the revenue cycle system; communicates findings and improvement recommendations; organizes additional staff trainings.
• Oversees enrollment with Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party payers.
• Reviews and analyses the fee schedule for healthcare services; recommends and implements updates (at least annually) based on changes in the reimbursement environment, local market considerations, and other relevant factors
• Performs other duties as assigned
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!