- Dena'ina Wellness Center - Behavioral Health
- Kenai, AK, USA
- Full Time
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Behavioral Health Consultant
TYPE OF POSITION: Full Time, Non-exempt, 40hrs/week
REPORTS TO: Behavioral Health Director
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Native preference under P.L. 93-638
POSTING PERIOD: 8/14/13 - Open until filled
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE
To assure Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina thrive forever.
Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina Values
These are the beliefs and principles that define our people and will assure our future as tribe:
• Family: honoring and sustaining health and happiness of family as a first responsibility
• Stewardship: respectful use of land, resources and all creations
• Spiritual Beliefs: acknowledging the existence of a higher power and respecting spiritual beliefs
• Education: passing down cultural knowledge and traditions and supporting formal education
By 2025, the Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina have enhanced & strengthened the prosperity, health, and culture of their people & Tribe by:
• Working towards united effort with Native organizations & other governments that impact our people
• Developing & implementing a Tribal education system
• Living our traditional values & practices
• Empower our sovereignty
• Continuing to demonstrate resiliency
• Striving for excellence in all of our programs
• Elevating the wellness of our people
• Using our talents & resources to ensure we are able to take care of ourselves & share with others
The Behavioral Health Consultant will work with providers of other disciplines to provide efficient and effective delivery of behavioral health consultation to children, adolescents, adults and families in order to improve well-being within an integrated healthcare setting.
(Consideration may be given for equivalent knowledge, skills, abilities, education and experience.)
• Masters in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field required
• Licensed as an LCSW, LPC, or MSW in Alaska, or eligible for licensure preferred
• One (1) year post-master's experience providing behavioral health services, including experience with youth & adults and chemical dependency programs, preferred
• Experience with computerized management information system/AKAIMS
• Excellent interpersonal communications, public speaking, and presentation skills
• Knowledge of, or willingness to learn child protection and ICWA laws
• Knowledge of, and willingness to abide by, HIPAA and 42 CFR, Part 2 regulations
• Knowledge and experience working with Alaska Native/American Indian people preferred
• Provide screening assessment, diagnosis, and referral on an as needed basis.
• Provide effective treatment planning and assist clients in successfully achieving goals.
• Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions.
• Actively participate in meetings that support the integrated health care model to provide comprehensive care for clients.
• Assist in the detection of "at risk" clients and develop plans to promote wellness.
• Assist the integrated care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management, and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease.
• Provide assessment, consultation, and brief intervention for psychological/psychiatric problems and/or disorders.
• Educate clients, families, and staff in the BHC's areas of expertise.
• Provide emotional and instrumental support to clinic staff as needed.
• Monitor and coordinate treatment plan compliance for chronic pain and chemical dependency clients.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!