- Information Technology
- Kenai, AK, USA
- Full Time
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: RPMS IT Site Manager
TYPE OF POSITION: Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Native preference under P.L. 93-638
POSTING PERIOD: 8/14/13 - Open until filled
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE'S PURPOSE, VALUES & VISION
To assure Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina thrive forever.
Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina Values
These are the beliefs and principles that define our people and will assure our future as tribe:
• Family: honoring and sustaining health and happiness of family as a first responsibility
• Stewardship: respectful use of land, resources and all creations
• Spiritual Beliefs: acknowledging the existence of a higher power and respecting spiritual beliefs
• Education: passing down cultural knowledge and traditions and supporting formal education
By 2025, the Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina have enhanced & strengthened the prosperity, health, and culture of their people & Tribe by:
• Working towards united effort with Native organizations & other governments that impact our people
• Developing & implementing a Tribal education system
• Living our traditional values & practices
• Empower our sovereignty
• Continuing to demonstrate resiliency
• Striving for excellence in all of our programs
• Elevating the wellness of our people
• Using our talents & resources to ensure we are able to take care of ourselves & share with others
Under the direction of the Information Technology Director, the RPMS (Resource and Patient Management System) Site Manager plans, implements, maintains and provides technical support for electronic health systems. Supports computer operators with day-to-day computer operations and troubleshooting.
(Consideration may be given for equivalent knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Successful completion of RPMS Site Manager Training.
• Working knowledge of information systems including computer hardware, networks, software and peripherals.
• Three or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid State of Alaska Driver's License.
• Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related field, or the equivalent training and work experience.
• Industry certifications, (CompTIA, MCP, etc.)
• Knowledge and experience working with Alaska Native/American Indian people within the Alaska Tribal Health System.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to use scanners and digital photo equipment and to manipulate digital images with software.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos to other employees of the organization.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
• Ability to deal professionally, courteously, and efficiently with the public and to remain calm under stress.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Responsible to take call on evenings and weekends.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft software, such as Word, Excel, Access, Exchange and Outlook. Proficient knowledge of internet, email and desktop publishing software.
• Knowledge of Sharepoint, Microsoft Great Plains, and QS1 preferred.
• Assist the Health Leadership Team plan and coordinate technical support for the electronic health systems, including upgrades.
• Serve as the technical specialist in health application problems, maintenance and emergencies.
• Provide technical support and training to staff on electronic health information applications.
• Create, manage, maintain and monitor user accounts and passwords for electronic health applications.
• Manage scheduled tasks and RPMS system setup.
• Investigate and correct backup issues.
• Audit electronic health applications for compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Search and print Fileman entries.
• Troubleshoot RPMS application issues; ensure issues are resolved correctly and timely.
• Function as the point person with Indian Health Service for testing software and identifying software problems.
• Investigate, request and manage enhancements and patches for EHR.
• Generate reports as requested.
• Assists Information Technology staff in general tasks, such as personal computer troubleshooting, upgrading personal computer hardware and software components, and responding to the needs and questions of users.
• Assist the Information Technology Director with network related issues.
• Assist in the training of new staff as directed by the department director.
• Perform, document and/or verify daily system checks.
• Assist when necessary with office moves that are approved by department head.
• Elevate unresolved issues to Information Technology Director when appropriate.
• Assist Information Technology Director with new hardware and software evaluations.
• May work independently on special projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!