- Health Clinic
- Kenai, AK, USA
- Full Time
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Clinical Intake Specialist
TYPE OF POSITION: Full Time, Non-Exempt, 40 hrs/week
REPORTS TO: Health Systems Manager
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Native preference under P.L. 93-638
POSTING PERIOD: 8/14/13 - Open until filled
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE'S PURPOSE, VALUES & VISION
To assure Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina thrive forever.
Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina Values
These are the beliefs and principles that define our people and will assure our future as tribe:
• Family: honoring and sustaining health and happiness of family as a first responsibility
• Stewardship: respectful use of land, resources and all creations
• Spiritual Beliefs: acknowledging the existence of a higher power and respecting spiritual beliefs
• Education: passing down cultural knowledge and traditions and supporting formal education
By 2025, the Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina have enhanced & strengthened the prosperity, health, and culture of their people & Tribe by:
• Working towards united effort with Native organizations & other governments that impact our people
• Developing & implementing a Tribal education system
• Living our traditional values & practices
• Empower our sovereignty
• Continuing to demonstrate resiliency
• Striving for excellence in all of our programs
• Elevating the wellness of our people
• Using our talents & resources to ensure we are able to take care of ourselves & share with others
The Clinical Intake Specialist will maintain a safe, welcoming and customer focused environment. They will use motivational interviewing (MI ) to determine the reason for a person's contact with the clinic. They will develop action steps for the visit based on what is important and convenient for the customer at that encounter. They will design a brief action plan (BAP) for the encounter and update the electronic record as appropriate. The Clinical Intake Specialist will promote the Dene' Wellness model, strengthen the partnership with the patient, identify what is important to accomplish during the encounter, perform appropriate Wellness screenings, gather clinical data appropriate for the encounter, update the electronic record and determine the next step in the encounter and introduce the patient to the next involved staff member.
(Consideration may be given for equivalent knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience)
• Associates Degree in healthcare related field
• One year healthcare experience
• Knowledge of KIT Programs
• Excellent customer service skills and attitude
• Familiarity with electronic health records
• Ability to maintain a calm demeanor under pressure
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Bachelors level education or professional healthcare certification/license
• Three years healthcare experience
• Training in motivational interviewing techniques
• Familiar with clinical, behavioral, and wellness screening tools
• Knowledge and experience working with Alaska Native/American Indian people
• Develop and maintain a welcoming rapport with the client
• Determine what is important to the client for the specific encounter
• Gather all necessary clinical data to facilitate the visit (screenings, vitals, history).
• Apply a deep understanding of the entire range of Tribal services to the person's unique situation.
• Determine the best next step for the patient at today's visit.
• Use the electronic record appropriately
• Communicate effectively with Wellness teammates
• Maintain a professional and safe environment
• Performs other duties as assigned
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!