- Dena'ina Wellness Center - Youth Services
- Kenai, AK, USA
- Full Time
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Youth Services Administrative Assistant
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-time, Non-Exempt, 40 hrs/week
REPORTS TO: Youth Services Coordinator
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Native preference under P.L. 93-638
POSTING PERIOD: 8/14/13 - Open until filled
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE'S PURPOSE, VALUES & VISION
To assure Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina thrive forever.
Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina Values
These are the beliefs and principles that define our people and will assure our future as tribe:
• Family: honoring and sustaining health and happiness of family as a first responsibility
• Stewardship: respectful use of land, resources and all creations
• Spiritual Beliefs: acknowledging the existence of a higher power and respecting spiritual beliefs
• Education: passing down cultural knowledge and traditions and supporting formal education
By 2025, the Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina have enhanced & strengthened the prosperity, health, and culture of their people & Tribe by:
• Working towards united effort with Native organizations & other governments that impact our people
• Developing & implementing a Tribal education system
• Living our traditional values & practices
• Empower our sovereignty
• Continuing to demonstrate resiliency
• Striving for excellence in all of our programs
• Elevating the wellness of our people
The Youth Services Assistant provides relief to the Youth Services Program Coordinator of administrative and clerical detail, as well as administrative and clerical support to other Youth Services staff. This position is responsible for, but no limited to: data entry; providing support to program billing and accounting functions; coordinating, preparing for, and taking minutes at meetings; collecting, managing, and distributing program information; and traveling to various program sites as needed. The incumbent must be proficient with computers, office software (including word processing, spreadsheet, and email programs), and office technology; be able to take initiative, work independently, prioritize tasks, and be flexible in accepting other program support tasks; and have good oral and written communication as well as customer relation skills.
(Consideration may be given for equivalent knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience)
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• One year of clerical experience.
• Ability to type 40 wpm.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to learn computerized information systems.
• Good oral and written communication.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to handle customer complaints in a professional manner.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
• Good organizational skills.
• Availability to work occasional nights and weekends.
• Requires a valid Alaska Driver's License with non SR-22 insurance and 2 or more years of driving experience.
• Strong knowledge and experience in HIPAA/42 CFR Part 2 preferred.
• Ability to prioritize and multitask handling large volumes of work
• Must be able to perform basic mathematical functions.
• Willingness to learn the language, culture and history of the Dena'ina people.
• Ability to lift program materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Knowledge and experience working with Alaska Native/American Indian people preferred.
• Perform data entry for program in various systems and databases.
• Plan, schedule and coordinate program meetings and events.
• Take, prepare, and distribute meeting minutes.
• Prepare/compose correspondence (often using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation computer software)
• Provide support to program billing and accounting functions (i.e. tracking units, tracking Service Authorizations, and helping to monitor and record program expenditures
• Type, edit and proofread documents.
• Collect, manage, and distribute information to program staff.
• Update and follow-up on delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines.
• Handle delegated managerial duties in the absence of the Youth Services Coordinator.
• Promote good relations and work collaboratively with staff, school personnel, clients/client families, and community agencies.
• Attend training and staff meetings as required.
• Travel to, from, and between Youth Service sites as needed.
• Assure discreet handling of all business.
• Maintain confidentiality in accordance with policy.
• Assist in the coordination, planning, and oversight of the Youth Services Summer Program.
• Other duties as assigned.
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!