- Dena'ina Wellness Center - Wellness
- Kenai, AK, USA
- Full Time
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Wellness Panel Management Technician
TYPE OF POSITION: Full Time, Non-Exempt, 40hrs/week
REPORTS TO: Wellness Manager
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Native preference under P.L. 93-638
POSTING PERIOD: 8/14/13 - Open until filled
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE'S PURPOSE, VALUES & VISION
To assure Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina thrive forever.
Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina Values
These are the beliefs and principles that define our people and will assure our future as a tribe:
• Family: honoring and sustaining health and happiness of family as a first responsibility
• Stewardship: respectful use of land, resources and all creations
• Spiritual Beliefs: acknowledging the existence of a higher power and respecting spiritual beliefs
• Education: passing down cultural knowledge and traditions and supporting formal education
By 2025, the Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina have enhanced & strengthened the prosperity, health, and culture of their people & Tribe by:
• Working towards united effort with Native organizations & other governments that impact our people
• Developing & implementing a Tribal education system
• Living our traditional values & practices
• Empower our sovereignty
• Continuing to demonstrate resiliency
• Striving for excellence in all of our programs
• Elevating the wellness of our people
• Using our talents & resources to ensure we are able to take care of ourselves & share with others
The Wellness Panel Management Technician is responsible for assisting the integrated care teams in the data management of the entire population of wellness clients and is responsible for all wellness program data collection, submission to wellness grant coordinators for timely submission of grant or dashboard reports, and accurate data record maintenance and transfer to the Coordinating Center for the Diabetes Prevention Program, annual Indian Health Service diabetes audit, and Diabetes Management System (DMS). This position will serve as the DMS package owner, and is responsible for quality of data collection and entry according to program, grant and Indian Health Service guidelines. The Wellness Panel Management Technician will provide training and support information to integrated care team staff to assure grant guidelines, program protocols, and Kenaitze Indian Tribe policies and procedures adherence and will work closely with the Quality Assurance and Improvement Manager.
(Consideration may be given for equivalent knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience)
• Minimum of Associate's degree in health education, information technology or related field;
• CPR and AED certification;
• Experience in managing health data in clinical practice setting;
• Experience with computerized management information systems;
• Knowledge of HIPAA and 42 CFR, Part 2 regulations;
• Knowledge of Indian Health Service Diabetes/Prediabetes Standards of Care;
• Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to organize, establish priorities, follow-up on all details, meet deadlines, and accurately implement diabetes program protocol;
• Excellent interpersonal communications, public speaking, and presentation skills;
• Able to provide courteous, collaborative and culturally-honoring service to all clients, staff and visitors, and must be a team player;
• Knowledge and experience working with Alaska Native/American Indian people preferred;
• Possess a valid driver's license and be available for flexible work hours (evenings and weekends) and occasional out of state travel; and
• Able to lift 25 pounds.
• Assist and coordinate various functions and utilization of disease registry database; data entry; assure multiple databases are kept accurate and up to date; identify participants due for visits, labs, immunizations, preventative health maintenance; and communicate with integrated care team to schedule per disease protocol.
• Coordinate with wellness staff, integrated care team, and case managers to incorporate Standards of Care and Public Health Services guidelines into preventive health protocols for wellness participants;
• Identify training needs and develop appropriate strategies for wellness and integrated care team staff to appropriately respond to grant guidelines and program protocols;
• Collaborate with Quality Assurance and Improvement Manager to assure appropriate data management within wellness program;
• Participate in quality improvement of the projects in conjunction with other services offered; participate in various patient program committees; make recommendations to improve wellness programs incorporating Kenaitze Indian Tribe traditions and values;
• Evaluate best practice wellness curriculum and educational materials in collaboration with wellness staff;
• Participate in care team training and learning activities;
• Maintain a personal level of physical, mental and spiritual wellness appropriate to serve as a role model;
• Participate in traditional seasonal activities including harvesting, preservation, preparation and presentation of traditional foods;
• Attend and/or facilitate staff meetings as required; and
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!