- Health Clinic
- Kenai, AK, USA
- Full Time
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Pharmacy Technician
TYPE OF POSITION: Full Time, Non-Exempt, 40hrs/week
REPORTS TO: Director of Clinical Systems
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Native preference under P.L. 93-638
POSTING PERIOD: 8/14/13 - Open until filled
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE'S PURPOSE, VALUES & VISION
To assure Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina thrive forever.
Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina Values
These are the beliefs and principles that define our people and will assure our future as tribe:
• Family: honoring and sustaining health and happiness of family as a first responsibility
• Stewardship: respectful use of land, resources and all creations
• Spiritual Beliefs: acknowledging the existence of a higher power and respecting spiritual beliefs
• Education: passing down cultural knowledge and traditions and supporting formal education
By 2025, the Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina have enhanced & strengthened the prosperity, health, and culture of their people & Tribe by:
• Working towards united effort with Native organizations & other governments that impact our people
• Developing & implementing a Tribal education system
• Living our traditional values & practices
• Empower our sovereignty
• Continuing to demonstrate resiliency
• Striving for excellence in all of our programs
• Elevating the wellness of our people
• Using our talents & resources to ensure we are able to take care of ourselves & share with others
Supports pharmacological services by stocking, assembling, and distributing medications to customers of the Kenaitze Indian Tribe's Health Programs.
(Consideration may be given for equivalent knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience)
• Current Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certification or have successfully completed the ExCPT pharmacy exam.
• Two years professional experience.
• Knowledge and experience working with Alaska Native/American Indian people
• Knowledge and experience working in the Alaska Tribal Health System's Village Pharmacy Program.
• Receive written (or electronic) prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
• Maintain and operate Pickpoint/Telepharmacy system.
• Coordinate Village Pharmacy prescriptions and refills
• Maintain proficiency with RPMS pharmacy package.
• Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
• Maintain pharmacy inventory system.
• Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
• Fill bottles with prescribed medications and type and affix labels.
• Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items or referring them to the pharmacist or primary care provider for medication information.
• Price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
• Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to enter data or process information.
• Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
• Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
• Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Accurately and efficiently preparing prescription orders
• Verifying prescription information and dosage
• Entering patient and order information into the pharmacy system
• Processing and submitting insurance claims
• Providing quality customer service to patients and other healthcare providers
• Integrity in job performance and working in an environment of medication management
• Performs other duties as assigned
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!