- Dena'ina Wellness Center - Behavioral Health
- Kenai, AK, USA
- Full Time
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Chemical Dependency Counselor
TYPE OF POSITION: Full Time, Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Nakenu Family Center Director
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Native preference under P.L. 93-638
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE'S PURPOSE, VALUES & VISION
To assure Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina thrive forever.
Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina Values
These are the beliefs and principles that define our people and will assure our future as tribe:
• Family: honoring and sustaining health and happiness of family as a first responsibility
• Stewardship: respectful use of land, resources and all creations
• Spiritual Beliefs: acknowledging the existence of a higher power and respecting spiritual beliefs
• Education: passing down cultural knowledge and traditions and supporting formal education
By 2025, the Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina have enhanced & strengthened the prosperity, health, and culture of their people & Tribe by:
• Working towards united effort with Native organizations & other governments that impact our people
• Developing & implementing a Tribal education system
• Living our traditional values & practices
• Empower our sovereignty
• Continuing to demonstrate resiliency
• Striving for excellence in all of our programs
• Elevating the wellness of our people
• Using our talents & resources to ensure we are able to take care of ourselves & share with others
The Chemical Dependency Counselor is responsible for maintaining a supportive, therapeutic and appropriately confrontive environment within the client group setting. The Counselor will provide individual and/or group sessions as needed.
(Consideration may be given for equivalent knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience)
• High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Certification as State of Alaska Chemical Dependency Counselor I or II.
• One (1) year experience providing chemical dependency services.
• Experience with computerized management information systems (AKAIMS preferred).
• Knowledge of HIPAA and 42 CFR, Part 2 regulations.
• Excellent interpersonal communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
• Ability to lift program materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
• Knowledge and experience working with Alaska Native/American Indian people preferred.
• Provides Chemical Dependency assessments of clients, treatment plans, and treatment reviews of clients.
• Provides individual and group counseling to Chemical Dependency clients.
• The Counselor solves most primary treatment counseling problems independently and includes the use of Wednesday staff meetings.
• Independent judgment is used regarding priority of work and interventions in emergency situations.
• Substitutes for other Chemical Dependency Counselors as needed.
• Actively participate in weekly clinical and individual supervision meeting with Clinical Supervisor and other Chemical Dependency Counselor(s).
• Responsible for keeping abreast of current developments in the field of chemical dependency treatment, and sharing that knowledge with treatment team.
• Acts as liaison with other community agencies on the client's behalf including timely reporting and attending meetings.
• Knowledge of social welfare and social services delivery system and local provider network.
• Coordinate services with Behavioral Health team for co-occurring disorder clients
• Maintain client records in accordance with KIT and Medicaid standards
• Follow all grant requirements, including AKAIMS and reporting grant requirements to supervisor.
• Timely submission of client billing information.
• Track referral and client numbers for Dashboard Reports
• Other duties as assigned.
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!