- Information Technology
- Kenai, AK, USA
- Full Time
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: IT Specialist
TYPE OF POSITION: Full Time, Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Native preference under P.L. 93-638
POSTING PERIOD: 9/11/13 - Open until filled
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE'S PURPOSE, VALUES & VISION
To assure Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina thrive forever.
Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina Values
These are the beliefs and principles that define our people and will assure our future as tribe:
• Family: honoring and sustaining health and happiness of family as a first responsibility
• Stewardship: respectful use of land, resources and all creations
• Spiritual Beliefs: acknowledging the existence of a higher power and respecting spiritual beliefs
• Education: passing down cultural knowledge and traditions and supporting formal education
By 2025, the Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina have enhanced & strengthened the prosperity, health, and culture of their people & Tribe by:
• Working towards united effort with Native organizations & other governments that impact our people
• Developing & implementing a Tribal education system
• Living our traditional values & practices
• Empower our sovereignty
• Continuing to demonstrate resiliency
• Striving for excellence in all of our programs
• Elevating the wellness of our people
• Using our talents & resources to ensure we are able to take care of ourselves & share with others
The IT Specialist will assist the Director of Information Technology with advanced IT needs including complex troubleshooting assignments, database configurations, and network design implementation.
(Consideration may be given for equivalent knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience)
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Three years experience with network support.
• Experience with MS SQL or other database systems.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Operating Systems and Applications.
• Ability to lift materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Valid Alaska Driver's license with non SR-22 insurance.
• One year of information technology related experience in a healthcare setting
• Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related field, or the equivalent training and work experience.
• Industry certifications, (CompTIA, MCP, etc.).
• Knowledge and experience working with Alaska Native/American Indian people.
• Implement network design changes as directed.
• Advanced troubleshooting of computers and network communications.
• Oversee database applications (i.e. electronic health record, accounting, human resources, and timekeeping) used by various KIT programs.
• Maintain and configure computer and telephone equipment.
• Perform "Help Desk" services as needed.
• Update and manage records (i.e. email system and telecommunications) as requested by Director.
• Adhere to Kenaitze Indian Tribe Policies & Procedures.
• Attend staff meetings and training as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!