- Tribal Government
- Kenai, AK, USA
- Part Time
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Student Office Clerk
TYPE OF POSITION: Temporary, Part Time
REPORTS TO: Director of Tribal Government Affairs
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Native preference under P.L. 93-638
POSTING PERIOD: 9/11/13 - Open until filled
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE'S PURPOSE, VALUES & VISION
To assure Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina thrive forever.
Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina Values
These are the beliefs and principles that define our people and will assure our future as tribe:
• Family: honoring and sustaining health and happiness of family as a first responsibility
• Stewardship: respectful use of land, resources and all creations
• Spiritual Beliefs: acknowledging the existence of a higher power and respecting spiritual beliefs
• Education: passing down cultural knowledge and traditions and supporting formal education
By 2025, the Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina have enhanced & strengthened the prosperity, health, and culture of their people & Tribe by:
• Working towards united effort with Native organizations & other governments that impact our people
• Developing & implementing a Tribal education system
• Living our traditional values & practices
• Empower our sovereignty
• Continuing to demonstrate resiliency
• Striving for excellence in all of our programs
• Elevating the wellness of our people
• Using our talents & resources to ensure we are able to take care of ourselves & share with others
The Student Office Clerk is responsible for completing projects as assigned by the Executive Director and/or Director of Tribal Government Affairs. These projects may include filing, updating databases, setting up for meetings and special events, copying and distributing materials. In addition the Office Clerk may be asked to fill in for the Receptionist; in which case, the responsibilities include greeting visitors to the Kenaitze Indian Tribe in a friendly professional and helpful way, answering and routing calls, handling inquires from the public, and providing information related to the Tribe.
(Consideration may be given for equivalent knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience)
• Working towards a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Good oral and written communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
• Ability to lift program materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
• Previous experience working with or living among Alaska Natives/Native Americans preferred.
• As directed set up files, update databases, set up for meetings and special events, and copy & distribute materials.
• Greet customers to KIT, direct them as appropriate.
• Responsible for unlocking and locking the KIT administration offices at the start and close of the business day if requested by Director of Tribal Government Affairs.
• Answer main phone line, direct calls to appropriate staff.
• Maintain coffee pots for employees and customers.
• Provide KIT employment applications to the public as requested; when applications are received date stamp them and turn into Human Resources.
• Record all pertinent information for regular Receptionist to read upon their return.
• Maintains confidentiality in accordance with KIT Policy.
• Other duties as assigned.
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!