- Dena'ina Wellness Center - Behavioral Health
- Kenai, AK, USA
- Full Time
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Behavioral Health/Chemical Dependency Clinician
TYPE OF POSITION: Full Time, Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Nakenu Family Center Director
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Native preference under P.L. 93-638
POSTING PERIOD: 10/8/13 - Open until filled
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE'S PURPOSE, VALUES & VISION
To assure Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina thrive forever.
Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina Values
These are the beliefs and principles that define our people and will assure our future as tribe:
• Family: honoring and sustaining health and happiness of family as a first responsibility
• Stewardship: respectful use of land, resources and all creations
• Spiritual Beliefs: acknowledging the existence of a higher power and respecting spiritual beliefs
• Education: passing down cultural knowledge and traditions and supporting formal education
By 2025, the Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina have enhanced & strengthened the prosperity, health, and culture of their people & Tribe by:
• Working towards united effort with Native organizations & other governments that impact our people
• Developing & implementing a Tribal education system
• Living our traditional values & practices
• Empower our sovereignty
• Continuing to demonstrate resiliency
• Striving for excellence in all of our programs
• Elevating the wellness of our people
• Using our talents & resources to ensure we are able to take care of ourselves & share with others
The Behavioral Health/Chemical Dependency Clinician is responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of clinical services to the clients. Clinical services include: intakes and assessments, development of treatment plans, discharge planning, and individual and group counseling sessions.
(Consideration may be given for equivalent knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience)
• Masters in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field required
• Licensed as a LCSW, LPC, or MSW in Alaska or eligible for licensure preferred.
• Certification as State of Alaska Chemical Dependency Counselor I or II.
• One (1) year post-master's experience providing behavioral health services including experience with adults, and drug and alcohol programs.
• Experience with computerized management information system/AKAIMS
• Excellent interpersonal communications, public speaking, and presentation skills
• Knowledge of child protection and ICWA laws.
• Ability to lift program materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
• Knowledge of HIPAA and 42 CFR, Part 2 regulations.
• Knowledge and experience working with Alaska Native/American Indian people preferred.
• Provide psychotherapeutic services to behavioral health clients
• Provide mental health and chemical dependency assessments through a variety of evaluation techniques
• Provides therapeutic consultation services to other KIT programs as directed and approved by the NFC Director
• Provide counseling through a variety of treatment modalities, including individual, group, and family therapy that meet behavioral health standards of care
• Understands and is able to provide an eclectic therapy model including: Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Play Therapy, Family Systems Theory, Motivational Interviewing, Brief Solution-Focused, and addiction modalities
• Maintain client records in accordance with KIT and Medicaid standards
• Follow all grant requirements, including AKAIMS and reporting grant requirements to supervisor
• Timely submission of client billing information
• Track referral and client numbers for Dashboard Reports
• Performs other duties as assigned
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!