- Community Programs
- Kenai, AK, USA
- Part Time
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Community Programs Assistant
TYPE OF POSITION: Part Time, Non-Exempt
POSITION HOURS: Monday – Friday, 4 hours/day
REPORTS TO: Director of Community Programs
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Native preference under P.L. 93-638
POSTING PERIOD: 10/17/13 - Open until filled
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE'S PURPOSE, VALUES & VISION
To assure Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina thrive forever.
Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina Values
These are the beliefs and principles that define our people and will assure our future as tribe:
• Family: honoring and sustaining health and happiness of family as a first responsibility
• Stewardship: respectful use of land, resources and all creations
• Spiritual Beliefs: acknowledging the existence of a higher power and respecting spiritual beliefs
• Education: passing down cultural knowledge and traditions and supporting formal education
By 2025, the Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina have enhanced & strengthened the prosperity, health, and culture of their people & Tribe by:
• Working towards united effort with Native organizations & other governments that impact our people
• Developing & implementing a Tribal education system
• Living our traditional values & practices
• Empower our sovereignty
• Continuing to demonstrate resiliency
• Striving for excellence in all of our programs
• Elevating the wellness of our people
• Using our talents & resources to ensure we are able to take care of ourselves & share with others
The Community Programs Assistant will provide clerical assistance for the Director of Community Programs. This includes office duties such as, data collection, filing, monitoring and updating calendar events, and scheduling users of the Tribal Fisheries net. This position is also responsible for scheduling and setting up meetings as needed, record and transcribe minutes for Fisheries Commission and Community Program Managers meetings.
(Consideration may be given for equivalent knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience)
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Experience with Microsoft Word applications and office equipment.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
• Alaska Drivers License with non SR22 insurance.
• Ability to help track multiple tasks.
• Ability to work with people in a positive and professional manner.
• Previous clerical support experience preferred.
• Ability to lift program supplies weighing up to 30 pounds.
• Knowledge and experience working with Alaska Native/American Indian People Preferred.
• Community Programs clerical duties such as data entry and filing as assigned.
• Attend program meetings and trainings as applicable.
• Record and transcribe minutes from meetings.
• Participation in Community Programs activities and events.
• Schedule meetings and organize calendar events.
• Track Tribal Fisheries calendar.
• Complete and submit Fish and Game reports as required by permit.
• Schedule and confirm travel as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!