- Health Clinic
- Kenai, AK, USA
- Full Time
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
TYPE OF POSITION: Full Time, Non-Exempt, 40 hrs/week
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Native preference under P.L. 93-638
POSTING PERIOD: 10/24/13 - Open until filled
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE
To assure Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina thrive forever.
Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina Values
These are the beliefs and principles that define our people and will assure our future as tribe:
• Family: honoring and sustaining health and happiness of family as a first responsibility
• Stewardship: respectful use of land, resources and all creations
• Spiritual Beliefs: acknowledging the existence of a higher power and respecting spiritual beliefs
• Education: passing down cultural knowledge and traditions and supporting formal education
By 2025, the Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina have enhanced & strengthened the prosperity, health, and culture of their people & Tribe by:
• Working towards united effort with Native organizations & other governments that impact our people
• Developing & implementing a Tribal education system
• Living our traditional values & practices
• Empower our sovereignty
• Continuing to demonstrate resiliency
• Striving for excellence in all of our programs
• Elevating the wellness of our people
• Using our talents & resources to ensure we are able to take care of ourselves & share with others
The Administrative Assistant is a member of the support team and will be the main point of contact for all customers in person and on the phone. The incumbent will also be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties: reception, registration, scheduling, data entry, insurance verification, and miscellaneous duties at the direction of the Office Manager.
(Consideration may be given for equivalent knowledge, skills, abilities, education and experience.)
• High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required
• Ability to type 40 wpm
• Minimum of one year experience in a clerical or office assistant position in a healthcare setting required
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong knowledge and experience in HIPAA/42 CFR, Part 2, preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel)
• Ability to multi-task handling large volumes of work
• Ability to be flexible in receiving additional office support tasks, prioritize them appropriately, and work independently
• Ability to work tactfully and effectively with clients, visitors, staff and other agencies
• Effective and clear oral/written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Ability to lift program materials weighing up to 50 pounds
• Previous experience working with Alaska Natives or American Indians
• Valid Alaska Driver's license and Ability to Pass Criminal Background Check
• Responsible for opening/closing procedures (unlock/lock front door, prepare coffee and hot water for clients/patients and staff, turn lights on/off, etc.)
• Greets all customers (i.e. clients/patients, staff, visitors, etc.) in a friendly, caring manner. Listens and positively responds to request for information or assistance.
• Screens and routes incoming phone calls; initiates outgoing calls and documents communications.
• Retrieves and reroutes phone messages.
• Schedules appointments.
• Register all current and new clients/patients utilizing Electronic Health Records System.
• Verify and update demographic information, including Notice of Privacy Practices and Acknowledgements.
• Verify Insurance, Medicaid, Denali KidCare, Medicare, etc. each month. Insurance Verification form maintained in client/patient file.
• Client/Patient should be queried for alternate payer sources.
• Check clients/patients in for appointment. Notify provider of arrival.
• Sort and distribute mail.
• Operate cash drawer and receive payment for services from clients/patients (i.e.: cash, credit card, check).
• Schedule appointments, confirm appointments each day.
• Create Signage for Clinic closures.
• Change message greetings, as needed.
• Create new client files- review of intake paperwork for completion, including required signatures.
• Abide by all rules and regulations regarding client confidentiality, including the Federal Regulations on the Confidentiality of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Patient Records (42 CFR, Part 2) and HIPAA regulations.
• Adhere to Kenaitze Indian Tribe's Policies and Procedures.
• Attend scheduled trainings and meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!