- Kenai, AK, USA
- On Call
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Custodian
TYPE OF POSITION: On-call, Non-Exempt
POSITION HOURS: Monday – Friday (afternoon/evening position)
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Native preference under P.L. 93-638
POSTING PERIOD: 1/6/14 - Open until filled
KENAITZE INDIAN TRIBE'S PURPOSE, VALUES & VISION
To assure Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina thrive forever.
Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina Values
These are the beliefs and principles that define our people and will assure our future as tribe:
• Family: honoring and sustaining health and happiness of family as a first responsibility
• Stewardship: respectful use of land, resources and all creations
• Spiritual Beliefs: acknowledging the existence of a higher power and respecting spiritual beliefs
• Education: passing down cultural knowledge and traditions and supporting formal education
By 2025, the Kahtnuht'ana Dena'ina have enhanced & strengthened the prosperity, health, and culture of their people & Tribe by:
• Working towards united effort with Native organizations & other governments that impact our people
• Developing & implementing a Tribal education system
• Living our traditional values & practices
• Empower our sovereignty
• Continuing to demonstrate resiliency
• Striving for excellence in all of our programs
• Elevating the wellness of our people
• Using our talents & resources to ensure we are able to take care of ourselves & share with others
Daily, weekly, and semi-annual cleaning of Kenaitze Indian Tribal buildings. Some general labor and maintenance work is required.
(Consideration may be given for equivalent knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience)
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Employee must be physically fit and able to lift 20 - 30 lbs. Regular walking, standing, bending, stooping, and kneeling is required.
• Custodian & general labor experience preferred but not required.
• Empty all trash cans and replace liners.
• Clean all bathroom sinks, toilets and mirrors.
• Replenish paper products, refill soap dispensers in bathrooms.
• Replenish extra supplies under sinks.
• Clean tables in break rooms.
• Clean sinks in break rooms and coffee stations with disinfectant.
• Ensure doors and windows are locked when finished; security of the buildings is a priority.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Vacuum and mop all floors.
• Spot clean carpets if needed.
• Thoroughly clean bathrooms.
• Wipe window sills and woodwork.
• Scrub out trash cans.
• Clean microwave in break rooms.
• Wash windows, screens and casings.
• Clean grounds, sidewalks, etc. in fall and spring.
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!