- Be visible to users of the physical activity area (gym), greet Un'ina (Customers) as they enter with a hello and smile, and facilitate electronic check in and out.
- Orient Un'ina (Customers) to physical activity area, equipment, schedule and activities; obtain appropriate electronic data collection and waiver(s).
- Conduct daily maintenance cleaning and checks in activity area and report any equipment or building issues to supervisor.
- Anticipate potential risks of injury, take measures to remove them, and in the event of injury, implement emergency response.
- Demonstrate how to safely conduct exercises and routines.
- Observe Un'ina (Customers) exercising and demonstrate correct techniques to avoid injury and improve fitness.
- Provide alternative exercises during workouts or classes for different levels of fitness and skill under the direction of Exercise Physiologist or Physical Therapist.
- Provide Un'ina (Customers) with information or resources about nutrition, weight control, and lifestyle choices as requested from the approved materials in the Lifestyle Coaching toolkit, and facilitate warm transfer/referral to appropriate care team member.
- Provide Un'ina (Customers)-centered action planning utilizing motivational interviewing principles.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement process and customer satisfaction activities.
- Participate in care team training and learning activities.
- Maintain a personal level of physical, mental and spiritual wellness appropriate to serve as a role model.
- Lead exercise activities appropriate to certification.
- Participate in traditional seasonal activities including harvesting, preservation, preparation and presentation of traditional foods.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Stand or Sit (Stationary position)
Walk (Move, Traverse)
Use hands/fingers to handle or feel (Operate, Activate, Use, Prepare, Inspect, Place, Detect, Position)
Climb (stairs/ladders) or balance (Ascend/Descend, Work atop, Traverse)
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl (Position self (to), Move)
Talk/hear (Communicate, Detect, Converse with, Discern, Convey, Express oneself, Exchange information)
See (Detect, Determine, Perceive, Identify, Recognize, Judge, Observe, Inspect, Estimate, Assess)
Taste/Smell (Detect, Distinguish, Determine)
Pushing or Pulling
Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions
Category I – Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue
Equipment and Tools
List Equipment used for job: Gym equipment, hand weights, medicine balls, kettle balls, balance balls, and similar exercise equipment.
Computer, scanner, fax, copier and other office equipment.
Drives KIT or Personal Vehicle: Not required
Comments: Travel may be required for training